Responsibilities will/may include any of the following:
- To assist, help & support the Senior Client Manager in managing a portfolio of clients.
- To assist the Senior Client Manager in managing the filing deadlines for year end accounts
and corporation Tax returns (CT600’s) for the clients in their own pool and wider portfolio of
- To manage your own pool of clients within the wider Client Portfolio.
- To supervise a team of Senior Client Accountants and Client Accountants on the same
portfolio of clients.
- To manage the Clients Accountants on providing bookkeeping support to clients within the
- To review the periodic bookkeeping & VAT returns produced for portfolio clients and to
ensure all are accurate and filed in the required timescales and within deadlines.
- To manage the ongoing training of all Client Accountants and any new starters.
- Responsible for keeping the client details up to date at all times.
- Preparation of year end accounts, financial statements and tax computations for clients
within the portfolio for review by Senior Client Manager.
- Preparation of periodic Management Accounts for clients within the portfolio.
- Preparation of business & personal tax computations for client owners within the portfolio
- Preparation of Self Assessments and personal tax computations and returns.
- Preparation of Projections and Budgets.
- Using IRIS Practice Suite, Sage software and certain cloud based accounting software’s on
behalf of clients e.g. Liberty Accounts, Xero.
- Providing strategic consultancy and financial management services including preparation of
monthly management accounts, cash flow forecasts and projections, budgeting, Vat returns,
payroll etc; effectively an outsourced ‘quasi’ Financial Controller role.
- Advising on the improvement of profitability and business efficiency through continuous
monitoring and by implementing effective business controls and re-systemising the client
- Helping to control and manage the cash flow of the client businesses.
- Reducing the burden of taxation on the businesses and their owners with good tax planning
- Preparing business plans and helping source and negotiate the raising of finance. Conducting
business valuations on clients businesses.
- Actively looking to introduce new clients to the company and help promote and sell its
services to prospective clients, financial institutions and the business community.
- Ensuring the phone is answered at all times.
To apply for this role, use the form on the right-hand side or send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.